Salon – an Artful Conversation was founded in 2011 by Judith HeartSong. It’s a lively, friendly conversation between participants and a gifted and knowledgeable presenter – in addition to online resources. Admission is free and open to creative professionals of all types and every career level.
Judith’s goal is to bring together artists, writers, and arts professionals in one place where they can feel a sense of community, learn more about the business of art, and build bonds with other like-minded professionals. Salon has been going strong for years and maintains a loyal following of creative professionals at every career level.
Salon – an Artful Conversation is an opportunity for creatives to network, learn and socialize in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Bring a friend, a colleague or just yourself. Just come prepared to learn, interact and network with other creatives. We highly recommend you bring a small stack of business cards!
We continue to work to build community in metro DC and beyond, with salon events in Maryland and at the Torpedo Factory Art Center in Alexandria, Virginia.
What Do We Do?
- Learn more about artistic practice and the business of art from professionals with years of experience and wisdom to share.
- Enjoy some time out of the studio with other like-minded artists
- grow your business and your skills!
- Build Bonds
- Stay up to date on the latest industry trends
- Online support and learning resources
Start your own Salon! Download your own Salon Starter Kit to help you get started where you live.