AN ART CENTER LIKE NO OTHER:
Not a co-op
24 hour access
Take your artistic practice to the next level. Studios available now in Montgomery County’s largest studio complex. With two locations, (NEW A&M@ coming soon) we offer amenities you won’t find elsewhere. Galleries, classrooms, meeting spaces, lounges, and a wide variety of floorplans, we have just the space for you.
We will help you grow your career and your following with tremendous monthly openings and open studio events that gather hundreds of guests and collectors, as well as professional development that includes salon discussion groups, continuing education workshops, and expert speakers from across the metro area and beyond. We can help you reach your next career goal with support, knowledge, and guidance you won’t find elsewhere.
Tour and join our vibrant resident artist program today!
At our flagship location on Parklawn we are full and on waitlist. A&M2 is no longer at Wilkins Avenue. An exciting new location for A&M2 will be announced shortly! Artists, makers, and entrepreneurs will find a wide variety of options and amenities. Our locations offer light industrial HVAC that provide exceptional clean air flow. Whether you are an artist, maker, fine art professional, or an arts-related business, we may have just the gallery/work space you are looking for!
Do you like to be in the middle of the action and crave social interaction and inspiration? We have a studio for you. Do you thrive in a peaceful environment, and want to come to the studio in the morning to stay focused all day on your work? Spacious light-filled loft studios with large windows might be just the thing you’re looking for.
Do you have an arts related business that needs room to spread out and grow? We have a number of generously sized studio spaces that might be a good fit for your growing enterprise. If you have a business that is not arts related, but love the arts and want to center your homebase in a vibrant center with free parking in the heart of Rockville, there are additional offices and suites in the building that are available now.
Make plans to come and tour, and find the space that is just right for you. Any studio/gallery/office can be shared with an artist friend or friends, and you will enjoy the hundreds of visitors who attend our openings each month. Every artist is juried in from an interview, work samples, and resume/bio to insure a good variety of work practices and artistic styles.
At our facilities you enjoy:
- 24 hour keyed access
- Light industrial HVAC systems
- Central heat and air
- No mandatory work hours for artists
- Lounges and other areas for meeting clients, relaxing, and socializing
- Libraries with resource books and magazines
- Package/Mail acceptance (Tues-Sat 10-4) other hours by chance or appointment
- Rentable classroom spaces of varying sizes
- Kitchenettes with refrigerators, microwaves, coffee/tea pots
- Acceptance into at least one group exhibit per year (March)
- Artists with a mature portfolio may apply for solo exhibits
- Monthly First Friday openings that typically draw 200-500 people – bumped to second Friday for major holidays – along with open studio weekends and other community events
- Access to professional career guidance and counseling, along with salon – an artful conversation to help build business expertise
- Immersion into a thriving and positive arts community that is supportive and nurturing
- Professional staff who work hard to help you succeed with exposure and opportunities