My name is Frank Mancino and I am a fine artist living and working in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. I work primarily in charcoal, oils and acrylics. My work ranges from traditional figurative rendering to abstract impasto color explorations in oil and acrylics.
I began formal art study in 2004 with a drawing class at Northern Virginia Community College in Alexandria, Virginia. From there I continued art studies at both NoVa and at the Corcoran School of Art and Design in Washington, D.C., eventually receiving an Associate’s Degree in Fine Art from NoVa and a Certificate in Drawing and Painting from the Corcoran. I continued my studies in academic drawing and painting with my professors Natasha Mokina and Victor Pohamkin at Winter Palace Studios in Georgetown, Washington, D.C., and sculpture study with my professor Patrick Beldio at Reunion Studios in Washington, D.C. In 2019 I left the telecommunications industry after 25 years to pursue art full-time.
I remain fascinated by the human face and figure, which I believe are the most difficult things to render artistically with both accuracy and poetry. In recent years, however, I have also become fascinated with the textural and sculptural possibilities of paint as a medium, and enjoy incorporating those textures and depths into both my figurative paintings as well as pure abstract explorations in color.
I can be reached by e-mail at FManc8530@aol.com or 571-294-7810.
Frank Mancino – Curriculum Vitae:
EXHIBITIONS AND EVENTS:
- “Let’s Dance” group exhibition, invited artist, Kentlands Mansion, Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA, 2020
- All Eco Design Center, displaying artist, 2019-present
- Monthly exhibitions at Wheaton Arts Parade Gallery, Wheaton, Maryland, 2019 – present
- Wheaton Arts Parade, participating artist, 2019
- Artomatic, Crystal City, Virginia, 2017
- Artomatic, New Carrollton, Maryland, 2015
- Capitol Arts Network, Focus on the Figure show at Artists and Makers Studios, Rockville, Maryland, 2013
- Artomatic, Crystal City, Virginia, 2012
- Swarthmore Theatre (solo show), Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, 2009
- My Space on 7th, Touchstone Gallery, Washington, D.C., 2009
- Artomatic, Washington, D.C., 2009
- Artomatic, Washington, D.C., 2008
- Artomatic, Crystal City, Virginia, 2007
- Artomatic, Washington, D.C., 2004
- Art on the Side, Washington, D.C. 2002
ARTIST MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS:
- Member, Montgomery Arts Association, Montgomery County, Maryland
- Member Artist, Wheaton Arts Parade Gallery, Wheaton, Maryland
- Affiliate Artist, Artists and Makers Studios, Rockville, Maryland
- Academic drawing and painting instruction under Natasha Mokina and Victor Pohamkin at Winter Palace Studios, Washington, D.C., 2009-2016
- Sculpture instruction under Patrick Beldio at Reunion Studios, Washington, D.C., 2009
- A. in Fine Arts, Northern Virginia Community College, 2009
- Certificate, Drawing and Painting, Corcoran School of Art and Design, 2009
- D., George Washington University, National Law Center, 1991
- A., Interdisciplinary Studies (Communication, Legal Studies, Economics, and Government), American University, 1988